Friday, November 9, 2007

Bouncing back

Q was back to his jolly little self today. He still was a bit tired, but his fever seemed to be gone, and he was much happier.

I had plans to meet a friend for lunch today. We met at the restaurant, and Q was good for the first few minutes. He quickly gets so restless. He repeatedly threw my cup and cell phone on the ground and splashed his milk everywhere. He ripped up a paper napkin into tiny bits and handed half to my friend and threw the rest on the floor.

I ended up letting him crawl around on the ground, which I'm sure my fellow diners hated, but I am just not sure what to do. It is either him squealing or him crawling around underfoot. I decided to forgo the squealing. I hadn't seen this friend in quite awhile and really wanted to catch up with her.

The next time you see parents in a restaurant with unruly children and wonder why they don't control their kids, remember they would if they could.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it's so hard at this age. There is no controlling them. It's impossible to reason with them and they are SO strong-willed. It's probably the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced. Amazing that can come from someone so small.

    ReplyDelete