Monday, November 12, 2007

No idea what's coming

I had a prenatal appointment this morning, and we listened to the heartbeat. I haven't felt any very distinct movements yet, so I always get a little nervous until we hear that hoof beat sound again. I have heard too many horror stories to not be paranoid. T brought Q to the short appointment. Q perked up when he heard the heartbeat and laughed. Poor little thing has no idea what is headed his way.

He loves all sorts of sounds. One of his absolute favorite things is my blow-dryer. He just thinks that is a riot. He also likes electric toothbrushes and coffee grinders. Funny little guy.

We find out the gender of the little fetus in two weeks. I am so anxious. Then we will know his/her name and have a much more concrete idea about him/her.

T's birthday is tomorrow. He will be the ripe old age of 30. I decided to get him a satellite radio and was immediately overwhelmed by all the choices. I enlisted some help from people who know far more than me and settled on XM and a Pioneer Inno. I am perhaps the most impatient person around, so as soon as I get a present, I just want to give it to the person. I bought it on Saturday and held off all the way till Sunday before I gave it to him. He always gets mad, because it makes his actual birthday anti-climactic, but I have a few more things cooking.

We had a busy weekend filled with work-related things. That is always rough because you feel like you never actually left. We had a ritzy event on Saturday night for which we hired a new babysitter. We found her on Craig's List and were quite happy with her. What the hell do you pay a babysitter these days anyway? We paid her $8.00 an hour, but I think most people pay much less.

I got my hair done for the event, which was a fun diversion. I couldn't find the place so I tore around dialing information with Q hanging on in the back seat. I finally arrived ten minutes late, but thankfully she was running behind herself. I was on edge the whole time wondering how Q would behave, but he was a perfect gentleman, enthralled with the blow dryer and charming the other clients. I loved my sleek little up do that I could never duplicate myself. I even slept in it so I could sport it for awhile the next morning. Eventually it got itchy and disheveled though, so it had to come down.

I had to present one of my projects last night at 11:00 p.m. It just about killed me to get in the shower at 10 and put on all my make-up and do my hair. But, it had to be done, and I actually got great feedback from two of my bosses. That is a rare but very welcome thing. It is so nice when someone actually notices your hours of hard work.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Q definitely hairdresser. And starting kicker for green bay.

    ReplyDelete