Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Crappy day

I can not kick a glum mood today. I hate days like that. I am just waiting it out.

I didn't get much sleep yesterday, so today I was just wiped out. I took a nap while Q did, but that just seemed to make me more sluggish. As I was changing him, I realized he had not been bathed in awhile and was actually stinky. So, I put him in the bathtub. Usually he loves his bath, but today he was flipping out. He was standing up, clinging on to me, soaking my dress, with poop smeared all over his bum. Bath time was quick but fussy, as you can imagine.

Lunch time was slow though. Q picked through his food and looked longingly at the bowl of cold cereal I was eating. You just never know how long it is going to take to get you and a squirmy baby ready. I always end up flying around frantically five minutes late.

I had some interviews to do this afternoon and was just not in the mood to do them. I was trying my hardest to be sunny and extra polite, but I'm not entirely sure I was successful.

I think days like this you just have to wait to end. It seems to take forever though.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Over yet? I'm feeling that way about this week. Something about short workweeks always makes them longer for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your day gets brighter. I had a bummer of a day on Wednesday. I blogged about it asking for Web sites to check out that would cheer me up. There is a pretty good list in the comment section if your looking for some fun, online distraction:

    http://mommybits.blogspot.com/2007/11/bad-day-blues.html

    ReplyDelete