Thursday, July 5, 2007

Tantrum time?


It all started on the airplane. T took Q to Boston last weekend, and he said Q was fairly good on the flights. All except one. On that one he woke up to Q screaming. Q pushed everything away and threw his bottle. T spent the rest of the flight hiding in the bathroom with a wailing baby. I'm so sorry I missed that.

It happened again this morning. Q is starting to throw mini-tantrums. He squeals and writhes around and nothing makes him happy. Where has my sweet baby gone? In his place is this impish toddler with his own over-sized attitude.

A friend was in town visiting this morning. She leads a fabulous L.A. life and his happily child-free for the foreseeable future. I think Q's antics cemented that opinion in her mind. I assured her that Q "isn't normally like this" as she nodded skeptically.

I finally put him in his bed and let him cry himself to sleep.

Usually he is so easy to satisfy. A toy, a bottle, or his mama's arms, and he is happy. I must admit, I feel a little tweak of panic when I can't assuage him. I can only imagine what it feels like on a cross-country flight. I hope I never have to find out.

--MM

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah. Welcome to Toddlerhood. It is an adventure, if nothing else. Mine likes to scream "Owie! Hurt!" when I'm not even touching her. It goes over great at Safeway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I want to know who this fabulous friend is who leads this fabulous life! And the little guy did grow on me with that giant smile and huge laugh! :) I miss him, already!

    ReplyDelete