Thursday, July 5, 2007

Independence Day


My luggage is back, everything is as it should be and life is good.

I had to work today, but I didn't even mind because T had the day off. We had most of the day together for family time, and I went in to work in the afternoon. We all walked to the parade in town. It was scorching hot, and Q's head was sweaty. He liked the horses, trucks, little cars, and model airplanes.

We ate a little breakfast and then walked home and cooked out on the grill. We had hamburgers and veggie burgers and angel food cake with strawberries for dessert. Q is a big fan of the angel food cake.

I watched a few fireworks from the roof at work, but they were not impressive from a distance. Just tiny little sparkles.

Happy Birthday Sally! (and America, I suppose)

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Good, you got the birthday order right...me, then USA! I got rained on at the 5k, then took a nap until the rain passed, then BBQ'd in the evening (burgers and portabellas).

    ReplyDelete