Friday, July 20, 2007

Scary

I have just been asked to speak at my high school reunion! How scary is that? It is exciting and flattering, but what an intimidating crowd!

Reunions make you want to dazzle and impress everyone and show how far you have come. I hope my speech won't have the opposite effect. The organizer said they want an "interesting and inspiring" speech. Yikes. That's a tall order. I am not sure I have any interesting and inspiring material.

My 10-year reunion is August 4th. I already happened to be going home that week, so it worked out that I could attend. I have not lived in Wisconsin since I was 18, so this will bring back a lot of memories. Already, all the old prejudices and fears are arising. High school has a weird effect on the brain doesn't it?

--MM

3 comments:

  1. I HATED high school. My class was so bad, we didn't even have a ten year reunion. Nobody wanted to see anybody else.

    I hope yours is wonderful. I'm sure your speech will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite an honor, good for you! Your speech will be great, you'll dazzle everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats! It'll be a blast...I had a great time at mine. Kind of funny how folks fall back into their roles.

    ReplyDelete