Monday, July 9, 2007

Shy, not bitchy

If I could change one thing about myself (besides having a naturally fast metabolism and being some sort of heiress), I would make myself more outgoing. I think people probably assume I am outgoing with the line of work I am in, but that is not necessarily the case.

I went to another moms' meetup today, and I marveled at this mom who could just chat with anyone and offered a story or comment to any conversation. Everyone was drawn to her, and she made you instantly feel at ease. I must say I was quite jealous. She's in her late 30's, just your typical mom but has so much confidence and is so comfortable in her skin. I envy that. I always thought by the time I reached my late 20's, I would be the picture of confidence.

I am proud of myself that I still take chances and attend events like this one, but I tend to be the quietest one there. I worry people will think I am rude and aloof. Maybe I should wear a sign: "Not bitchy, just shy."

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment