Monday, July 16, 2007

Q's impending cousin

My sister's due date is today. I talked to her a few hours ago, and the baby had not made an appearance yet but should appear any minute now. She is hoping sooner rather than later. This will be her fourth child. Her oldest of three sons is four. Amazing isn't it? They don't know what they are having yet, but she has a feeling it is another boy. We all hope for her sake it is a girl. Four wild little boys is a scary thought.

Q will meet his cousins next month for our first family reunion. Considering the path of wreckage Q leaves in his wake, I think my parents house could be a disaster zone. Five children under five years old will be wild. I hope Q doesn't pick up any bad habits from his older cousins.

I felt very content this weekend, which is a lovely feeling to have. Saturday we went to an ice cream social with my mom's group. T met a husband and chatted about cars and other manly things. I love being a part of the group. It is just so nice to have events to go to and people to see.

That night we had a sun-dried tomato, goat cheese angel hair pasta recipe from "Everyday Italian." T made the recipe for the most part and was very proud of himself. He did do a pretty good job. It was quite tasty.

We took a walk late that night, because Q was still awake. He loves it. He sits up stick straight in his jogging stroller and takes in the sights.

Sunday we slept in very late, and then I made blueberry pancakes. I am noticing much of our life revolves around food. What can I say? We like to eat well.

Then I went to a MAC makeup training event at the mall. It was very informative. One of their trainers from L.A. put on a workshop. I learned some great techniques and rushed home to try them out. I was all perfectly made up with no where to go. I did laundry and made dinner looking quite fabulous.

Continuing the food theme, we made two types of salsa with cilantro from our Community Supported Agriculture box. One was a peach-chipotle salsa. The other was cucumber-avocado. T made fish tacos and mine had faux meat made of soy. It was sooooo tasty. I ate four with a Corona Light and felt like I was going to explode.

After a bath for Q, I went for a run just as the sun was going down. I felt a little sick to my stomach admittedly, since I had just drained my beer and was still trying to digest a belly full of tacos. But other that that, it was a lovely run. It was nice and cool and the sky was colorful. I took it fairly slow and went six and a half miles. I was just very content. It's a good feeling. It's not always there, so I appreciate it when it comes.

--MM

3 comments:

  1. I'm fairly sure R is 5...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah 5...that's right. I just got him a birthday present didn't I? All those yahoos run together. Still madness though!
    --MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... that's a lot of little kids! I bet Q will have a blast with his cousins.

    I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with one's life revolving around food. I hope not, anyway. Otherwise, I'm in trouble.

    ReplyDelete