Friday, July 20, 2007

Day trip

T and I took a short trip today for work. We went to a town on the other side of the mountains about an hour and a half away. It was a nice drive. I had two interviews over there, then we had lunch with some co-workers and hustled back for the evening newscasts. I barely made it back in time and was a little stressed in the car.

People always ask how T and I manage to work together. I do think we are very professional people. We rarely get angry at each other at work, and if we did no one would ever know it. There was a married couple who worked here right when we started, and they would often have screaming matches, slamming doors, yelling, and crying. I just think that is ridiculous, whether you are married are not.

We have our share of challenges. We have instances of jealousy, competitiveness, and irritation. But days like today, I really enjoy working with my husband. We enjoyed a warm, lovely day together. We shared ideas and made each other better. I love having him to depend on and run things by and vent to. It is an unusual situation, but it works for us.

We picked up Q after a full day of daycare. I missed him after 9 hours of not seeing him! I tried to smother him with kisses, but he squirmed away. He is far too busy a boy for that sort of thing!

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment