Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Burn out

I feel like I am due for a weekend. I've only been getting about five hours of sleep a night and am trying to cram way too much in.

I try to fit working, exercising, Q's playgroups, and a bit of sleep in, and it is all catching up with me.

We are switching over to this elaborate new system at work. Sometimes I dread learning new things. I wish it would all just get into my brain without me having to think about it.

We have had several trainings at work on the new system, and I have been falling asleep in every one of them. I used to have this problem in college too and even high school. If I am just sitting there with someone talking at me, it is a guarantee I will be nodding off.

In one particular training, I was having little snippets of dreams as I nodded off. That combined with intricate technical jargon left my brain very confused.

Tomorrow, I have appointments at 8 a.m. and 9 a.m., but after that I am hoping for a nap as long as a tiny man cooperates.

Next week, I have tons of work things, as well as daily swimming lessons for my little swimmer. I am a glutton for punishment apparently. I feel like I need to overcompensate in the mornings since I am working nine hours a day.

That said, we had a nice play date this morning with my mom's group. I talked for a long time to one woman while our babies were in the swings. Why is it so much harder to make friends the older you get? I miss the playground days when you would say, "Want to be friends?"

--MM

1 comment:

  1. In between all your activities, join a running group -- instant, nonjudgmental (until they get vocal) friends! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete