Monday, April 2, 2007

Hanging with a 'roo

We went to a petting zoo this weekend. I think the best thing about having a child is you can do all sorts of ridiculous things and pass them off as being for the benefit of the little one. I was pretty excited about seeing the baby kangaroo and handful of wallabies, but to an onlooker, it looks like I am just a good mother. It's my little secret. It was fun to watch goats, pet llamas, and scratch pot-bellied pigs. Q sat well with the Easter Bunny. He has not really gotten that stranger fear yet.

We got his Easter basket this weekend, complete with a stuffed llama from the petting zoo. It also includes some bumpy plastic balls and freeze-dried fruit.

Our little threesome went to a nice Italian dinner this Saturday night. Q did fairly well. He got a bit fussy at the end, but we mostly kept him entertained with dried fruit and pita bread. He loves drinking out of our water glasses. He gnaws on the rim with his shiny, pink gums, and most of the water dribbles down his front, but he is getting the hang of it. It is nice that we can keep some things from our former life intact like eating out.

Everyone is back to work today, and it is such a relaxing feeling. I am handling my regular workload today and not the work of three people. I feel so much more at ease, rather than trying to write things quickly, running to the bathroom for speed milk pumping sessions, and skipping bathroom breaks.

As I have mentioned before, I teach yoga and aerobics. We have trainings once a month on different formats, and the one we did this weekend was extremely challenging. It involved intervals of weights and cardio. You hit every muscle in your body. Since there is just a handful of us, there is no chance I will be caught slacking, so I was going full on. I paid for it yesterday and today. Every inch of my body was aching. It gave me a sort of nauseated feeling. At the same time, I sort of like being sore because I feel like I actually did something then.

A couple more people came to look at the house this weekend and a couple more today. Hopefully something will happen soon!

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment