Monday, April 9, 2007

Baby in a tie

Q had a number of firsts this weekend. He wore his first tie to his first baby contest. We entered him in quickest smile, because of his ever present grin. However, he apparently is not a trained monkey and refuses to smile on command. I had to leave early to teach my yoga class, so I did not see Q's dismal performance, but T says he mostly stuck his tongue out and stared at the judges. Sigh. I guess I do not have a future as a pageant mother. It's probably for the best since I am the mother of a son.

My sister left this afternoon. We had a nice time visiting wineries, hiking, and eating out. Q got his first Easter basket filled with dry fruit, two balls, and a stuffed llama.

My sister is an attorney in Texas, and I swear that woman needs half the sleep of an average person. I am exhausted after a weekend with very few naps. Right now it is almost 10 p.m., and I am sucking on a venti Starbucks to keep myself bright-eyed for the rest of my work day. I found myself nodding off a bit at my desk earlier today.

We had a few more people look at our house. Some people who were supposed to this afternoon did not come in because "they didn't like the location." So glad I cleaned up for them. Good luck finding a better one in your price range in the current housing market. Jerks. At least, as you can see, I am not bitter. You start to get protective of your house. It is like an extension of you. I don't want someone to insult what I am so proud of!


--MM

1 comment: