Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hair-raising experience

One of my cats almost got trapped in a tight situation today. I was flying around the house trying to get out the door. Running late as always.

I tried to get a few wrinkles out of my skirt by tossing it in the dryer. I finished putting on my makeup and fixed my hair and closed everything in my room. I was loading my 37 bags into the car, when I heard a frantic howling. I looked in the closet and the cabinets. No cat. I finally located the nervous looking girl cowering in the clothes dryer! Poor thing. That could have been very bad news. She sniffed the dryer suspiciously and then proceeded to try to escape into the garage.

Our house situation is crazy right now. We are scheduled to close next Monday. However, renters are in our new house right now, and they probably won't be able to get out that quick. There's a good chance we might be in limbo. Our realtor advised us to hire a lawyer.

T is getting very nervous about the whole situation. I have a strange sense of calm for some reason. I just can't imagine that everyone involved would be so unreasonable. We have to be able to work this out in some way. Maybe I am naive. I wish we could just sit down and talk to everyone instead of having all these middlemen. I wish I could just snap my fingers and everything would be settled. Such a mess.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Bad cat mom. Cats are air dry only. Hope the house thing works out. Maybe you need to hire some muscle to "pursuade" the tenants?!

    ReplyDelete