Monday, April 16, 2007

Runnin' in the Rain

Our 10-mile run this weekend was ridiculously rainy. We actually broke a record for rainfall on that day. Lucky us.

I had a hard time deciding what to wear, but settled on shorts and a short-sleeve shirt over a long-sleeve shirt.

I ended up feeling very good the entire way and getting my best time of just under 1:24. That averages out to about 8:25 miles...faster that I usually go for long distances.

I had to wait another 18 minutes for slow T. By that time I was FREEZING. It was painful really. I was soaked through and my legs were bare, and I was just utterly miserable.

We high-tailed it back to the car, and T and I battled over whether we could crank the heat or go half heat, half defrost so he could actually see out the window.

We picked Q up from the babysitter's while my teeth chattered, and then I leaped into a hot shower the moment we got home. The warm water felt marvelous, but it made my entire body itch, so I spent several minutes scratching my skin red and raw.

We had to quickly get ready and make our way to a parade in the rain. What fun. Q rode in his stroller under an umbrella. The parade attendance was pretty paltry this year.

The highlight of the soggy day was a little get-together with the group of us from work who ran the race. It was nice to sip margaritas, eat without guilt, and lounge around.

Q was a bit fussy at the party and throughout the rest of the weekend. We think at long last he may be sprouting some teeth! We are watching his shiny pink gums expectantly.

Yesterday, I shopped feverishly. T was not to happy about it, but I focused on the sales and spent most of my money at Kohl's. It could have been worse.

I got a delightful green dress for a friend's beach wedding in July. I had to ask a saleswoman to strip it off a mannequin for me so I could get the correct size. That was actually quite awkward. It is very pretty and flowy, and I can't wait to wear it with my toes buried in the sand!

--MM

1 comment:

  1. I happened to be at Kohl's this weekend too.. one of my favorite places to shop. :)

    I'm glad you found my blog, I'll be sure to visit yours often!

    ReplyDelete