Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Poor baby ears




Poor Q has another double ear infection. Sigh. This is his fourth. He was coughing and wheezing again and touching his ears now and then. T took him to the doctor this morning. I begged him to so I could have a little nap on the couch, and he was nice enough to agree. Q has new breathing medicine and antibiotics. The doctor said if he gets another ear infection soon, it will be time to start talking about putting tubes in his ears. I hope it doesn't come to that.


The March of Dimes WalkAmerica is coming up later this month. T and I are walking and raising money in support of it and in honor of Q. I went to do a story today on the ambassador family. The woman has two premature children. The first was born at 23 weeks and was just over a pound. He is now 2 but can't walk or talk and must eat through a tube. Her second son was born at 33 weeks. Doctors did c-sections in both cases because the babies were not gaining enough weight. The second baby is doing well, but he also spent time in the NICU. Seeing their struggle made me appreciate how far we have come.




--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment