Friday, April 6, 2007

Sunshine and hummus

It is such a warm, lovely day here. I wish I could spend the entire day out in the sun soaking it in, but alas, I must be at a computer under fluorescent lights.

I started the day with far too little sleep. I went to bed after 2 and got up before 7. Not smart. I downed some coffee before my manicure, and afterward T and I went to the farmer's market. It is still a little slow, because it is early in the season. I did get some bread, hummus, and jelly though. We also had berry turnovers. Our favorite coffee guy wasn't there so we had to settle for some bland stuff with powdered creamer. I had the hummus on my fresh bread for lunch, and it was delightful.

We ran into an acquaintance of mine. She has two little girls now, and I haven't seen her since the first one was a baby. She looked very distinctly pregnant...like maybe 7 months or so, but I wasn't going to call attention to it if she wasn't! You never know. T once mistakenly mentioned a woman's (un)pregnancy. That is the ultimate awkward situation!

I did take a nice long nap today before I came in. Q was wiped out after the farmer's market, so we both laid down for awhile. We give him these dried apples and strawberries. When I changed his diaper, I was surprised to find the apples re-hydrated and fully intact! Crazy. T suggested I recycle them.

I left the house slightly in a mess and just my luck, someone came to look at it today. Ah, well. It's lived in by a family with a baby. What can I say.

When I got in to work, I was very pleasantly surprised to find an anonymous donation to the March of Dimes in my box. It was a $100 bill. Isn't that impressively generous? I am so curious about the mystery donor!

My sister S from Texas is scheduled to land here in 20 minutes. It will be her first time meeting Q and seeing our home. Should be fun!

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment