Friday, March 30, 2007

Picky Eater

Q has decided he is over baby food. He is almost one for God's sake, so apparently he should not be reduced to being spoon fed pureed substances. He only wants to feed himself. Two problems with that goal are that he is still toothless, and he has dismal hand-eye coordination. We are trying to encourage his new-found independence as much as possible though. Now he has an endless supply of Cheerios, little sweet potato puffs, and tiny raviolis that we cut in half so he won't choke. He is getting pretty efficient at chewing with his pink gums.

This new trend at mealtime is especially challenging at work. T brings Q in at 7:30 p.m., and I nurse him, and T and I have dinner. Q now is much more interested in whatever we are eating. He puts up a fuss and digs his fingers into our burrito/sandwich/t.v. dinner. We got him a little plastic chair last night, and I am now bringing in cheerios for him to snack on. It worked like a charm last night. We ate dinner, and he snacked happily in his little seat.

I have wandering eyes for a new diaper bag. I put much thought into buying my first one. Now this one has caught my eye. T immediately nixed the idea. He fails to see why I need a $400 diaper bag. Isn't it obvious? If I come in to a sudden windfall I know where I am spending my money.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment