Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Mini Vacation

We are back from a long weekend trip to Seattle. It was such a nice time. I found out at the last minute I had to do a career day right before we left. T helped me whip together a video to show. I was of course running late (I am really working on that) and rushed in breathless after my session was already underway. I think it went well considering, and T, Q, and I were heading north to Seattle by 2 p.m.

We stopped for lovely Baja Fresh for dinner in Portland and made it to Seattle around 11 or so. Q did well on the drive. We had such a great time visiting the Pikes Street Market, the first Starbucks, the Seattle Aquarium, and the Experience Music Project. We also took a ferry to Bainbridge Island for brunch and had dinner at a couple tasty restaurants. I got a lot of my information from a Giada de Laurentis show on Food Network. It was very helpful. The Experience Music Project was fun because you have the opportunity to play all sorts of instruments and even record a CD. It was very fun banging on a drum set and strumming an electric guitar, but it just drove home the point that I am entirely unmusical.

Seattle is such a nice city. I wouldn't mind living there a bit, though true to its reputation it was gray and rainy most of the time we were there. The day we took the ferry it was warm and sunny, thankfully.

We drove back Monday and got back home around 11 p.m. Q had some fussy bouts on the way home, but he was basically very good. It is different traveling with a baby. You have to go home earlier and choose your restaurants carefully. But, it is also more enjoyable in some ways. You see everything through their eyes. It was fun to see him watch the sea gulls on the ferry and to watch him marvel at the fish in the aquarium. He has another double ear infection and is on antibiotics again. Poor little man. I can't wait for this first, sick year to get behind us.

We had Tuesday off. I always enjoy having a day off after I get back from vacation. It is nice to unpack, do laundry, and get settled again before you back to work. It is also nice starting the week on a Wednesday.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. If only every workweek started wed and ended fri! Sounds like a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete