Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Mama Amnesia

Our promotions guy gave T and me a video the other day of some promos we shot right before Q was born. In fact, little did I know, at the time my water had already broken, and I was about to go into labor. T and I watched the video the other night. It was so weird seeing that big belly again. It's hard to picture Q all curled up in there. I have a hard time remembering what it was like to be pregnant even. I have some faint memories of trying to shove a pillow under my belly so I could get comfortable in bed at night. My sister told me that mothers experience a type of amnesia about pregnancy and birth. She believes it is some type of biological necessity so we will agree to get pregnant again. I can see that. I do have a hard time remembering the actual experience of labor pain. I remember writhing around and throwing up, but somehow in my hindsight it doesn't seem so bad. I guess that is part of the reason why the urge to get pregnant is starting to sneak into my mind. T thinks I am crazy and is in no rush whatsoever. I remember all the wonderful things about pregnancy like cute maternity shirts and wonderful little flutters in your belly. The sore back, achy hips, and nausea fades into the background.

Q is fascinated with anything with buttons. He likes "typing" and remote controls. Right now he is laying on the ground next to me, clutching an old remote. I wonder if he will be a little technie guy. He went to the doctor yesterday and got a clean bill of help. Hopefully that will hold for awhile. We need a break from infection in our household. As I type this though, I feel the faintest trace of a sore throat setting in. Sigh.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Q is getting better. I don't want you guys gettin' me sick! :-)

    ReplyDelete