Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Mmm...chocolate

I am still recovering from a chocolate hangover after attending a chocolate festival this weekend. I had hot chocolate, fudge, truffles, chocolate beer, english toffee, chocolate cheese, chocolate sauce....It was heaven. We have gone three of the three years it has been in existence. One of the workers recognized us and commented on our status as repeat customers. That was kind of embarrassing.

Q and I dressed in all brown for the occasion. T decided it would be too nerdy to do a family chocolate-colored theme. Q had a good time attached to T in his snugli. He had a good view of all the goings-on as he bopped along. I think they look like that combo pack when you buy a shampoo and get a tiny conditioner for free. Q did cut our chocolate indulgence a bit short though with some premature fussing.

We had a very nice weekend. We made two tasty meals, watched "The Departed," shopped, and took a walk sipping Starbucks besides the chocolate festival. I also went for a six and a half mile run. I am trying to work up to a ten-mile race next month after some recent slacking.

I got several comments this weekend about television really adding weight. Why do people always say that? Do they really think they are being complimentary? I guess they are saying I am thin in person, but they are also saying I am fat on T.V. which is how I make my living. I want to make a smart-ass comeback, but alas I cannot. I must just smile and say, "Thanks for watching!"

I am experiencing a small addiction to online shopping lately. I find myself done with my work, sitting at the computer, with so many purchases at my fingertips. I have been able to rein it in to Ann Taylor items on clearance and some bags I needed very much. Perhaps, it would be cheaper to just email more, but getting those boxes in the mail is so much fun!

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment