Monday, March 12, 2007

March Resolutions

I have two bad habits. Some may argue there are a few more mixed in there, but I have two I am trying to break right now. I made them as New Year's Resolutions, but they have sort of fallen by the wayside so I am resurrecting them! The first is a particularly gross habit of gnawing on my cuticles and the skin around my fingernails. I long ago kicked my habit of nail-biting but continue my oral fixation by chewing around them. I really do it badly when I am anxious or stressed, but biting just adds to my anxiety. My other bad habit I have mentioned before. I tend to exercise and eat well throughout the day, and then when I get home from work around midnight I have nachos and ice cream and general engage in general badness. I am going to try to get back to my rule of not eating after 10 p.m. except for the odd bag of popcorn and unlimited wine of course.

I figure having specific simple goals will serve me better than just the blanket "lose weight" resolution. So, those are my goals. Maybe writing them here will make me more likely to stick to them.

We had a lovely weekend. We spent a lot of time making St. Patrick's Day cards featuring Q. It was beautiful outside as well. We took Q out and plunked him in the grass. He always seems to sneeze repeatedly when exposed to sun. I hope he is not allergic to something outside. He didn't seem to like the tickle of the grass and was much more comfortable on a blanket. This warm, sunny weather truly makes me happy. I wish it would be like this all year round. I wouldn't take it for granted. I also got Q's scrapbook up to date, which felt good to accomplish. I ran eight miles outside, which made my child-bearing hips ache, and T and I watched "Borat" on DVD. It is a riot though awkward to watch in parts.

On the home-selling front, we have had a few more lookers, but no bidders yet. I'm keeping my fingers cross.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment