Sunday, April 26, 2009

Soaking Wet


I think I am still drying out.

This weekend was the Crazylegs Classic in Madison. It is an 8k run and 2 mile walk. It has been awhile since I have done a run, so I was excited to take part. That is until the storm clouds started to roll in.

T was going to push the boys in the double stroller for the walk while I ran. But as we stood in line to catch the bus, trying to balance an umbrella over the stroller, shivering and getting drenched, we decided that wasn't in their best interest. So I did the run, and T and the boys just walked the very end of the course but still got the chance to finish on the 50-yard line of Camp Randall.

During the run, I dodged puddles and endured squishy shoes and saturated socks. My hair was wet and blocking my vision. My hooded sweatshirt was soaked and heavy. Maybe just because I was anxious to get the run over with and get into a warm shower, I got a pretty good time. I finished the five miles in 40:09.

-------------------

My parents came over today for several hours. It is so vastly different when they live an hour away versus across the country. I made eggs, and we had Kringle, bloody Marys and coffee. In the afternoon, my mom helped me plant containers with flowers, herbs, tomatoes, beans, and peas. I am far from a natural gardener, but I am trying to broaden my horizons. This is my first experiment into growing a garden. I'll keep you updated on how long I keep it alive.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I am envious of those who run. I just walk, lol.

    ReplyDelete