Monday, April 20, 2009

Time away

Today was refreshing. I instructed my first Pilates class at the employee fitness center of a corporate headquarters. I had to get a badge to wear and a security tag to beep me through several doors. It's pretty interesting. The class went well. It felt good to get back in my groove. The participants weren't overly friendly, but I think they will warm up to me. Yoga is Wednesday.

A childcare provider came today to watch the boys for three hours, while I went to class and to run a few errands. She is just for this week, and we are still struggling to find a provider long-term. It was such a nice little break to get out of the house and have some time to myself. I feel guilty even admitting that, but I can accept that that is just how I am. Some people can feel great and keep going strong all day and all week, but I am just not one of those people. I returned home happy and energized. I played with the boys the rest of the afternoon doing puzzles and games and then made quesadillas for dinner.

Today I got the chance to do my own thing and focus on the boys. I think it's a routine I could get used to.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment