Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ick

A bout of stomach flu is finally leaving our household. I'll spare you the details, but it wasn't fun for any of us. T seemed to be mostly spared, but the boys and I suffered varying degrees of misery.

One semi-disgusting note: It is strange to watch a child throw-up when they don't really understand what is coming, and they don't know to cover their mouth or try to get to a toilet. It is sort of demonic-looking. Poor Q was scared and shaky after these gross bouts. He just didn't understand what the heck was happening to his little body.

It is definitely a trial to take care of sick children when you yourself are sick. On Friday, I desperately needed to lay down. I reclined on the couch while the kids played in the living room. I would get up to lift R away from the cable box or stack of magazines and then retire to the comfort of the couch again. I emailed T repeatedly imploring him to come home early. He mercifully arrived around 4:00 p.m., and I cocooned myself in my bed for several hours.

Today I am finally feeling back to myself. I did lose five pounds in the process...a small benefit. But of course those are climbing right back on.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment