Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vacation interrupted

T and I celebrate our fourth anniversary this weekend. It's hard to believe it's been four years already. Feels like 40, or at least that's what I tell him. :) We are going away to this beautiful lodge in Northern Oregon on the Columbia River. We will get massages and hike and have nice dinners. Of course, Q will be with us, so it won't exactly be romantic and peaceful, but it still should be fun.

We are taking Thursday and Friday off to enjoy a long weekend, but then something got in the way. I found out last week that the interview day for the business exchange to Argentina that I am applying for is this Saturday. I tried to tell the organizer that I was going to be out of town, but she responded that this was the only day, and perhaps I should apply next year. Ouch. I thought with a week and a half notice there would be a little flexibility, but apparently not. A part of me thought, Oh well, screw it. I was having a hard time deciding whether to apply for this, so now my mind is made up. But, I came around, and now we are planning to leave Hood River super early so I can make my interview. Sigh.

I also found out there are ten people applying for three or four positions. That does not exactly leave me flush with confidence. I will have to sit in front of a panel of interviewers and be pummelled with questions. Pretty much my nightmare. But, I know I need to try, and it would be such a great experience. I need to seize the opportunity, even it it messes up my vacation.

--MM

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the time you have and GOOD LUCK with the interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it always just happen like that? That's how SS treated me w/ this job op -- even though they'd waited months to get around to scheduling this and making offers. Sometimes, you just have to grit your teeth and rearrange a perfectly good minivacation. Good luck/have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Hope you're enjoying your time away!

    ReplyDelete