Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Doctor's appointments

Q and I both had them today. His was his 15-month check-up. He got two shots and a full examination. The doctor is a bit concerned that he is not walking yet and that he just recently started pulling himself up and moving around. I was kind of sad to hear that. He said he was pleased with Q's words, but wanted to check his motor development. Q, of course, was born six weeks early, but has caught up in size and most other areas. Our doctor is going to refer us to a child development center through the hospital where he was born.

I just hope everything is OK. It kind of gives me a sick feeling, when I think about it. It seems like he is so close to walking though! He pulls up on his chubby little feet and tries to let go! I guess it will be good to know for sure how he is developing.

After Q's check-up, I went to my Lasik appointment. My eyes are still changing since I am out of my rigid gas permeable lenses. I have to wait for them to stabilize. They dilated me which I HATE. They put some super dilation drops in that keep me looking like a stoned owl for five hours. I wasn't the safest driver on the way home. How can they expect you to function like that? I have a follow up in two weeks without dilation, thankfully.

My new boss is not too bad. He is older than I expected with white hair. Apparently, he loves to teach people, and I have been yearning for that. I was six minutes late for our staff meeting with him yesterday. Great impression, huh?

I have several trips coming up. In two weeks, T and I will celebrate our fourth anniversary at a lodge a few hours from here. I am taking a 3-day weekend trip to Las Vegas in September, and then we are going to Boston for T's sister's wedding in October. I love to have things like that to look forward to.

--MM

3 comments:

  1. Dialation -yuck. At least you didn't puke on the eye doc like someone I resemble. In my medical opinion, Q just takes after his MM -- lazy! (meaning: why walk when you can be carried?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having things to look forward to! One of them is seeing you in September. Take care of those eyes!
    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with Q. I have a friend who's going through a similiar situation right now. Her baby is 14 months and not crawling yet.

    How stressful that must be.

    --Tela at www.workingmomsagainstguilt.com

    ReplyDelete