Monday, August 20, 2007

104 candles

Four years ago I did a story with a 100-year-old man celebrating his 101st Christmas. He was such a neat guy, with so many interesting stories. His family invited me to his 104th birthday this past weekend. We went to wish him a happy day. He definitely seemed older and had a harder time hearing and speaking. But, he still feeds the fish every day in their backyard pond. He is doing pretty damn good for 104. I was impressed. We told him we would see him next year for 105!

That night we went to a charity event at a winery. We just got tickets through our station, otherwise we would not have ponied up the $75 a ticket. Some people have far too much money. People were bidding ridiculous amounts for auctioned items. They must feel such pressure though to constantly donate. Not that I exactly feel sorry for the filthy rich, but it must get old to always have people holding their hand out to you.

We are almost through with the first season of "Lost" on DVD. I always felt like I missed the boat on the show, so T and I are jumping on board. It is wonderful to have the instant gratification of finishing one episode and starting the next one without waiting a week. There is no way we will be caught up by the time the next season starts though.

T tweaked something in his back when we were running yesterday. He was walking like the 104-year-old and couldn't lift anything heavier than Q. He stayed home from work today and actually went to a chiropractor, which neither of us has ever done.

This morning I was scrambling to get out the door for my 8:00 a.m. yoga class, T was limping around the house, Q was in fussy, over-dramatic heap on the floor, and then the cat escaped. Gotta love those mornings.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment