Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Eyes keep changing

I went to my Lasik appointment this morning with fingers crossed hoping today would be the day that I get the blessing to go forward with my surgery. But, no. My eyes changed quite a bit from the last time. In one eye, I went from a -4.00 to a -2.75. Not sure entirely what that means, but they were all exclaiming about it, so I guess it is a big deal. They need to wait until they stop changing before they can proceed. I wish they would just stop already!

I was fairly let down, but the doctor said with my eyes improving, they can actually get my vision better when it is all said and done. Today after the long process of "This one? Or this one?" I could actually make out a few letters on the 20/15 line. That is saying a lot, since the big "E" is blurry for me without glasses or contacts. So, I go back in three weeks and could be seeing clearly by the end of September. I can't wait!

Eye exams always stress me out. They make me feel vaguely dumb for some reason, since I can't see the stupid letters. I am always straining and want to squint to pass the test! Today, the doctor was asking me whether the red ones or green ones were thicker. I kept straining to figure it out, and finally decided the red one was thicker. This went on for several rounds, until I finally said, "These all look the same to me." He said that was the right answer. That there was no difference. Why must eye doctors trick you? My sister once barfed on an eye doctor's shoes. I think that is the appropriate response.

T had his melanoma surgery today. They gouged out a big chunk of his back and stitched it up. He says it feels tight and sore. Hopefully that is our one and only experience with melanoma.

On a final note, babies are wonderful, sweet, life-changing creatures, but they can also be quite annoying. Q has taken to pushing the buttons on the TV. I like to watch a little CNN or Food Network while getting ready for work. Q likes changing the channel or volume or turning the set off all together. This morning when I turned my back for about 15 seconds, he had emptied an entire dresser drawer. He also likes pulling everything out of the trash and climbing into the wet shower. Not to mention throwing all his uneaten bits of food on his high chair onto the ground or rubbing them into his hair. Does this annoying phase pass??

--MM

2 comments:

  1. I think my barfing on the doc led all evil eye docs to have wheels on their chairs. Cujo, the stray baddog, does the same things as Q. They tell me it'll last a year and a half for puppies, so doing inverse dog to human math, I think it'll last for about 7x1.5 years = 10.5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope T recovers quickly and never has to go through it again!

    I, too, hate the eye dr. I do not enjoy the challenge of the eye tests. At all.

    I'm not sure if the annoying baby phase passes. Polly will be two in two months. She's still in it and doesn't seem interested in changing anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete