Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Whirlwind

I am so tired this week. My bones just ache with tiredness. This is seriously one of the busiest weeks of my life. Here was my Tuesday:

5:30 am teach early fitness class
6:30 eat breakfast, feed kids, prepare to teach first class of new format
9:00 drop off kids at Y childcare, teach drumming fitness class (so intimidating because I felt like I didn't know what I was doing)
10:30 make lunch for Q to take to preschool, feed R early lunch
11:30 take Q to preschool
11:45 R down for nap, shower, quickly get ready
12:45 R to childcare
1:30-3:00 job interview downtown (went OK, could have been better)
3:30 pick up R
4:00 pick up Q
4:30 prepare for evening fitness class
4:45 leave for class
5:45-6:45 teach class
7:20 dinner
8:00 prepare for 6 am class

I am teaching fifteen classes this week and possibly for the next several weeks. I want to get a full-time job just so I can slow down a little bit! I do like staying busy. In fact, I am happier and more fulfilled when I am busy. I seem to have two states: I am either hyper-productive or I am lazier than a sloth and the thought of reaching for the remote control seriously seems like too much effort. But despite that tendency, I don't like being this busy. I hate feeling so tired that my stomach hurts. You know that feeling? Thankfully I did convince Q to curl up with me on the couch for an hour this morning after my super-early class. That made me feel like a new woman.

I just finished a pretty promising phone interview. I have three more classes to go today, three classes tomorrow, plus a meeting and a doctor's appointment. It is the perfect storm of commitments.

This weekend I am definitely finding some time to enter my sloth state.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. I am tired reading that! Good luck on all the interviews and enjoy the much deserved slothness this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete