Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chaotic 2010

2010 is already stressing me out.

2009 wasn't so bad. It brought a lot of change, from leaving my job to moving across the country, an odd few months of living with my parents again, and then settling into our new temporary home, while our house in Oregon languishes on the market. The boys are settled in well, T is thriving in his job, and it is wonderful to be close to my mother and sister. 2009 left me a bit unfulfilled as I experimented with staying home with the kids and then added many exercise classes to fill my time. 2009 showed me that I want a fulfilling career and a family and that I can do that in 2010.

So now I have a third interview and a first interview scheduled in 2010, but in the meantime, my schedule is so overloaded it makes my head spin. I have eleven fitness classes a week on my agenda, and now I am taking over four more classes for an acquaintance who is having severe morning sickness in her first pregnancy. That's fifteen classes a week. I am not very excited about that. I am hoping she will feel better soon and be able to take over again, but I have a feeling I will be the go-to girl for seven weeks.

I am trying to be energetic and enthusiastic, but right now I foresee exhaustion and stress. Add to the mix, Q starting preschool (yay!), R going to childcare, PT for my hips, and various other commitments. I can tell you now, the house will not be clean. Oh well.

My big hope is that in a few short months I will embarking on a new adventure as I accept one of these jobs and begin the worthwhile juggle of home and career.

Fingers crossed for 2010.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment