Tuesday, January 19, 2010

On the way up

I am feeling good again.

Inexplicably maybe, because I have gotten nothing but bad news lately, but I am feeling buoyant and hopeful.

The miscarriage, the job I didn't get; I did all I could and controlled what was within my control. That's all I can expect from myself. I can't control much of what happens in my life, but I can always control how I react to it. It took me a long time to learn that, but now I know it well.

And though the bad things stick out like huge blisters on the landscape of my life, there are a lot of underlying positives. I have two beautiful sons and ample opportunity to expand my family in the future. I have a lot of support from family and friends to handle the bumps in the road. And my husband is like my cornerstone.

I had a decent interview last Friday for a probably better job than the one I didn't get. And in the meantime I am still having a good time teaching my many classes a week. My Drums Alive class went very well this morning now that I actually know what I am doing. I am tired, but I am challenged and busy, and that's how I prefer to be.

There is much to appreciate, and though I may be knocked down from time to time, I can always float back up.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment