Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Success!

I am scheduled for LASIK surgery this Friday! Yay! I couldn't be happier. I have worn glasses since pre-school, horribly painful hard contacts since I was 13, and now have been waiting for my eyes to stop changing for three months. But, today was the day. They said I was ready. And luck was in my corner as someone cancelled their Friday morning appointment. So, I am in, and if all goes well I will be seeing clearly by Friday afternoon. I must say the release I just signed and initialed warning of "blindness, loss of eye, or even death" was a bit disconcerting. But, I know many very happy customers, and I am ready to put my eyeball under the laser.

In related medical news, T's melanoma incision opened up today. It was disgusting. I was changing his bandage which grosses me out anyway and noticed his previously sewed up surgical site was now an oozing hole. I asked him if it was supposed to look this way. He already is battling an infection and got his stitches out earlier this week. Apparently they didn't do the trick. He went straight to the dermatologist, and they give him so extra creams to rub on it, and said it was going to be gross for awhile, but decided to leave it open. Poor T.

Lastly, a co-worker brought her new German Shepherd puppy in to work tonight while Q was visiting his mama. Q was sooooooo excited to see the doggie! He was just ecstatic. It was an absolute delight to see the two babies check each other out. We were all laughing and smiling to watch them in such sheer joy. It brightened my night.

--MM

3 comments:

  1. Yay for LASIK! I am so jealous!

    I hope T loses the ickiness soon.

    And aren't little kids adorable when they see puppies?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent. please don't die or go blind -- with lawsuit deform, there are no longer aveunes of recourse for the victims. Nuff said. I'm surprised they didn't give T more antibiotics or something?! (with ALL my medical knowledge) good luck on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Lasik. My girlfirend had it done in college and that night she was out, drinking, glasses free!!

    ReplyDelete