Monday, September 17, 2007

Leaving Las Vegas

I am back home from my quick weekend trip to Vegas. I lost $50, which is probably pretty paltry compared to most people. It is amazing how much money you can spend in that town. I ordered a water at one club and it was $5.

There were some high points. Cirque du Soleil's Mystere, a vegetarian sushi roll called Ume Shiso, the lazy river pool, a club called Tryst in Treasure Island, seeing good friends from far away.....and some low points. One friend got her wallet stolen two weeks after her purse was stolen. I had a few issues with my flights home, and my new super high heels killed my feet.

Traveling always stresses me out a bit. If I could have one super power, I think it would be teleportation. But, it was fun to get away and leave my life behind for a few days and soak in Vegas.

The last time I was there was three years ago, about seven months after I got married. I remember missing my single life a bit during that trip, and faintly wishing I wasn't tied down to a responsible life. I didn't feel even a hint of that this time. I looked at other girls and was so happy I have what I do, and I don't have to play that game anymore. The best part of the trip was getting off the plane again and seeing my two men waiting for me.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. don't hate the game, hate the playas! Glad you had fun. Guess you won't be retiring on your "winnings."

    ReplyDelete