Monday, September 10, 2007

Fancy jeans

So T and I decided we deserved some very nice jeans. We figure we don't wear them much, so we deserve one really good classic pair that we can wear for many years. This weekend, we set out to the expensive store where we occasionally browse but never buy.

I told my saleswoman I was on the hunt for jeans, and she dutifully brought me an array of size 29 Seven, Rock and Republic, and Citizen of Humanity jeans. I am usually a Gap jeans girl, so this was heaven.

Poor T was cornered by the salesman/owner who piled him with jeans, khakis, shirts, a winter coat, ties, polos, and even shoes. I think he had $5,000 worth of clothes in there. He dutifully tried on all his outfits, making mental notes so he could copy the looks at Old Navy.

I found a butter soft pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans, but the Paige jeans were also lovely. Thankfully, they were 40% off, which still makes them ridiculously expensive, but feels like a good deal. I got both, and Tim managed to walk away with a single pair of dark Citizens of Humanity jeans. Our bill was more than $400, but you have to treat yourself sometimes, don't you?

--MM

6 comments:

  1. Yikes. $400 on 3 pairs of jeans? I guess I am just a small town conservative girl.

    I do agree though that every once and a while you have to treat yourself.

    Glad you were able to find two awesome pairs of jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny. I went to the after-christmas nightmare sale at the mall to do just that - buy one pair of to-die-for jeans. Nothing looked right, so I bought a suit and hit Gap for $25 jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. T tells me it was actually $471! But, really this is unusual for us. I bought a $1.50 necklace at a garage sale this weekend, but everyone has to splurge once in awhile, right? Are you with me?
    --MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely. Whether it's the $10 super coffee concoction or super jeans, splurge on something that makes you feel good - as long as it's not at the expense of the mortgage, ya know, cause then you'll feel bad later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not such a super splurge when you consider they'll last a long time and become a staple in your wardrobe. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. so jealous of your great jeans! i've been saving a $100 gift card since christmas and am heading to nordstrom's on friday to find myself a pair. wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete