Monday, September 3, 2007

Child's play

We went to the best little place this weekend. It is a cafe dedicated to families. The food was simple, but very tasty, but the best part is the entire place is dedicated to kids. There is a pirate ship and castle, various little toy boxes, race tracks, cars, and even baby toys. Q could crawl all over the place, while we enjoyed cappuccinos and lunch. It was wonderful. Why don't more places use this idea?

Two bigger kids came in and started tearing around on these scooter things, so we had to keep a closer eye on Q, but he still had a ball. He didn't want to leave after an hour. It wear him out though, and he was ready for a nap.

T mentioned it was hard to get used to the fact that it was okay to let him loose. We are so used to hushing him in restaurants and trying to make him as invisible as possible. It was nice to be somewhere that actually celebrated his playfulness.

It has been a long, lazy weekend. I have a rare day off today, and I almost feel guilty about it. T has to work. I love having Q to myself, but that means I also have all the dirty diapers to myself.

I talked to a college friend for awhile on the phone today. She is a DJ at a St. Louis radio station on the weekend, and it was funny to hear her say, "Hold on....."KZX 101 will move you! Next Nelly Furtado! You're in the middle of 42 minutes of non-stop music!....OK, I'm back. Where were we?" Tough job, huh?

--MM

2 comments:

  1. ah, the day off. Just makes Tuesday much harder, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that place local?!

    ReplyDelete