Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Little treasured things

I spend so much of my day wrangling a squirming baby, irritated at red lights, running ten minutes late, and answering emails. It's enough to drive you batty if you get caught up in it. I was reading an article once that said one of the ways to be happy is to reflect on your day before you go to bed and think about three things that made you happy that day. That way you drift off to sleep in a happy state of mind and recognize the joys in your life. I used to tend to concentrate on all the things that upset me in my day, but I am trying to change that. Really I am. Here are 25 things that make me smile during the day and help me sleep well at night.

1. The sun streaming through the screen door in the morning
2. Warm, soft cat bellies
3. A fresh cup of coffee with real sugar and soy creamer
4. The sound of a baby laughing
5. Plenty of time to read the newspaper
6. Manicures
7. Naps
8. Tanning beds
9. One piece of dark chocolate and a glass of red wine at bedtime
10. Pink lemonade Crystal Light
11. Going for a run on a warm afternoon
12. Dachshunds
13. Cheese curds
14. Foot rubs
15. A long hug
16. The smell of a clean bathroom
17. Roses
18. The ocean
19. Mexican food
20. Tivo
21. Lip gloss
22. High heels
23. Music turned up loud in the car
24. Google
25. Polite people

--MM

2 comments:

  1. So I take it that #1 means the screen door was successfully installed? Good plan - I should do this and be more positive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good list. If only three things make you have good dreams...

    ReplyDelete