Tuesday, May 29, 2007

How life has changed

I am about to go back to work after a long weekend. I am actually being called in early for training. Great. Somehow, the extra time of the holiday weekend gets sucked into some sort of vortex, and I am still trying to get my laundry done at midnight on Monday night instead of midnight on Sunday!

We did go for a nice six-mile run on Sunday sharing Q-pushing duties. On Monday, we went for a hike with Q in the Snugli. He is getting pretty heavy for that thing. He was wiped out at the end, and I balanced his head so he could take a quick nap during the last mile.

We have apparently not grasped the gravity of the change in our lives. We attempted to go out to dinner at a nice Thai place Sunday night. Big mistake. This place was not baby-friendly. They did provide a high-chair though so babies can't be entirely unheard of. The wait staff was very friendly, but the couple next to us gave us several rude looks. We realized we had a bottle, but no milk, so Q nicely made do with ice water.

While we waited for his fruit plate to arrive, he grabbed at things on the table. He somehow managed to snatch my fork, and of course immediately poked himself in the eye and started bawling. It was a messy, stressful dinner. Not at all the extended, relaxing dinners out we used to enjoy. We finished the night with T trying to pick up as many grains of rice from the floor and me scrubbing off sticky baby arms. Oh, well. We learned our lesson. Life is not the same.

T got a big HD-TV this weekend. I couldn't care less about those. I have been pretty happy in my computer room with the old 13-inch TV-VCR combo from college. But, he was dying to get it, so might as well if it means that much to him. Now, the TVs have all been shuffled and my 13-incher is in storage in the garage.

We discussed this weekend when to think about the next baby. I say sooner, he says later. I point out he got his big TV. He doesn't see the correlation.

We started watching "Lost" from the beginning on our big new TV. I have always regretted not watching that series, so now we are catching up. We are on episode 6. It's pretty good stuff!

Now off to work...early. Ick.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. yeah, somehow long weekends never mean work gets done.

    ReplyDelete