Thursday, May 24, 2007

New furniture

So, that's not exactly our living room. It is just the promotional picture from Ashley Home Furniture, but those two couches did arrive to our house today. They are very pretty. We had to get a special protective coating, since we have a destructive little man rolling around the house. We also got a TV stand that turned out to be much larger than we thought. It is now sitting awkwardly in the middle of the room. We will have to figure out how to squeeze that in.

The couch is a sleeper sofa. Our guest room will be disappearing when the next child arrives, so we are planning for the future.


My parents are coming out next week. My dad has meetings in Northern California, and my mom is helping us paint. She did a great job in the last house. You could tell which rooms she painted and which T and I did based on the wigglyness of the lines and the amount of paint on the ceiling. She is a pro. I mourned leaving the beautiful stripes she painted in Q's nursery. So, now we have to pick out colors. Right now there are some garish colors left over from the previous owners.


"The View" today was a bit awkward after the Rosie-Elisabeth debacle. Rosie was probably glad she wasn't there.


T and I watched "Criminal Minds" on Tivo last night. That is a well done show, but it is downright creepy. Tonight, "So You Think You Can Dance" begins. Ah, yes. Mindless entertainment.


On the lateness report: 8 minutes today. I am regressing.


--MM

3 comments:

  1. The furniture's very nice. You are one brave woman! I don't think I could bring myself to try the light-colored upholstery. I envision Polly and crayons and peanut butter and jelly smears... not that she's even old enough to do that, but still.

    Oh, and I know what you mean about "Criminal Minds." I've noticed it's a bit more gory than the other shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice furniture. Now how do you always get the folks to come out and do slave labor for you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new furniture! And smart thinking on the pullout couch, can't wait to test it out next time I visit!

    ReplyDelete