Sunday, March 1, 2009

Back to the rat race

I'm looking for a job. I have only been a stay-at-home mom for a month, and it's not even my own home, but I can just tell this is not for me. However, I also don't think working in TV is what I am looking for either.

I want a nice 8 to 5 job that will challenge me but not demand all my time and my blood, sweat, and tears. I had applied for a few jobs online, and we'll see what happens. Maybe we will settle into our own place in Madison and I will completely change my mind and decide to stay home again. I doubt it, but it could happen.

I am keeping my options open and not ruling anything out. But at this point I am guessing the workforce is for me. I need deadlines and urgency. I need something to have me racing around to get ready in the morning. Otherwise, I just waste away the day playing with the kids and putting off brushing my teeth. It's just not good.

--------------------------

In more exciting news, R is crawling! He has been close for several days, taking a few wobbly crawls and then flopping on his belly. Today he put it all together and was scooting right across the room making a beeline to splash in the dog's water. It's going to be a whole new world with two mobile children.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. I've often wondered, if given the opportunity to be a SAHM, if it would work with my personality. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'd miss working too. I think I'm wired to do it.

    Good luck with your job prospects!!

    ReplyDelete