Monday, March 9, 2009

Germs, dogs, and bargains

The boys are getting over bronchitis. Between my bout with strep throat, my infected milk duct, and their congested lungs, we have had about enough of bacteria in this household thank you very much. They are now on amoxycillin as I was a week ago. It seems to have made them feel almost immediately better though. R is mercifully sleeping through the night again. It was a rough few days for all of us.

--------------------

We are having a tough time finding a place to live in Madison for ourselves, our two kids, two cats, and a dog. The dog is the main problem. We asked T's parents if they would watch her for a year, but they declined. I briefly considered giving her a way to make our apartment hunt easier, but I just don't think I can do that. She is a sweet, cute dog, and Q loves her. So, now we are wading through the small pool of dog-friendly apartments. I know we will find something. It just might take us a bit longer than we had hoped.

-------------------------

T is back for a week. It is amazing how much better life is when you have a helping hand. Last night he took the dog out and changed diapers. He fed the baby and read books to Q. It was a nice respite. I was starting to go a little batty.

----------------------------

Mom and I went shopping this past weekend. I got $300 shoes for 85% off. It doesn't get better than that.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could take the dog for you guys! She's the perfect NYC size but I travel too much :(
    I'm glad you guys are going keep her, she's too sweet to let go! Hope you all have a nice week reunited...and enjoy the new shoes, that is quite the deal!!

    ReplyDelete