Monday, March 23, 2009

Do you fondue?

T and I dipped into a little slice of heaven last night. I picked him up from the airport for his final trip out to Wisconsin (thank goodness). We decided to go out to eat with the kids and on the fly chose The Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant, and it is quite tasty.

Q loves dipping things (and generally just licking off the dip and not actually eating the dipped object), so we figured it was his ideal restaurant. He did love it, and R wasn't terribly bad, but I would not recommend this place for kids. The meal took two hours, and Q stuck his hand directly on the burner at one point.

We got the main meal which was an Italian theme. That included a cheese fondue with several types of cheese, pesto, and garlic. We dipped bread, vegetables, and apple, though I could have just eaten the cheesy concoction with a spoon. A caprese salad followed and then our main entree of veggies and meat dipped in a broth. The big finish was the oozing dark chocolate and a cornucopia of sweet things to submerge in it. Q was in heaven during this segment, though we all were really. T and I were painfully full after the feast and several glasses of wine.

I highly recommend it for a fun night out, though next time I will leave the kids at home and just order the cheese and chocolate.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment