Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wine and dine

One of my favorite things to do is go to a winery. T and I are members of a couple of wine clubs, and today we visited one of our favorite wineries. I must say it is a little more relaxing without two little kids in attendance, but we still had a good time. We sat outside at a picnic table, and Q threw around his mini football. We each had a glass of Pinot Gris with a cheese and fruit plate and a baguette. Then we had a glass of Claret with some chocolate. Heaven. We got coffees on the way home. I could eat like that every day. I should have been European. I would have been a big, fat, happy European!

We started the day at a Memorial Day observance. It included a ground-breaking for a war memorial in our town. We dressed our boys in red, white, and blue and watched the festivities. It was neat to see the veterans from wars back to World War II, and Q has a fascination with flags. He pointed out every one he saw today. He also really liked the chocolate ice cream served at the event. He went to town on a cone and coated himself in a sweet, sticky mess.

It was a nice family day.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment