Friday, May 23, 2008

Coffee club


I spoke today to a meeting of very rich philanthropists. I was invited by the hospital foundation board to talk about our family's experience in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Pediatrics. We never knew we would need those services before we began our family. Then Q was born six weeks early, and we were in the NICU for two weeks. Eight months later, we were in the hospital for a week when Q had a severe respiratory virus. This time around with R, things are going a lot more smoothly, but we are still very appreciative of those facilities and the people who support them.

T met me at the coffee club to watch the boys. I printed out pictures of Q and R during their times at the hospital and made posters. While I was speaking, Q ran in and out of the room with T chasing him. It actually was a nice effect to show how far Q has come after his rough first year. I was proud talking about our family and all we have experienced. The old rich, folks gave me great feedback and seemed to enjoy our story. A woman from the foundation board was very pleased and said she appreciated me talking about how I felt as a first time mother. She said they would like to call on me again in the future. I am glad to help and proud to talk about my sweet little boys.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment