Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Looking up

I am feeling better today. Our current childcare provider would like to pick up the extra hours while T is traveling for work, so it looks like we will be OK. I am still nervous about the utter exhaustion, but if other women can do it, why can't I?

R was wide awake again last night despite my two-cup coffee limit. I started the day feeling so tired I could feel it in my bones, but somehow when you keep busy you feel revived. I took Q to a bike derby with my moms' group, and he loved zooming around the park on his tiny bike. Later we went for a three-mile walk. It was hot out, but it is going to get even hotter this week. It might get up to 101 Friday. Not sure if I am ready for that just yet.

---------------

I admit I have a lot to learn when it comes to motherhood. Whenever I am at the park or a store, it always seems like the the other mothers have a lot more control and patience. But, I have figured a few things out in the last two years. I have a few items I just can't live without now. One is a Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover also known as a "Hooter Hider." I used to be pretty self-conscious about nursing in public, but these covers give you privacy while letting you keep an eye on your baby. I pretty much whip it out anywhere now! I also love the Peanut Shell baby sling. It is ideal for keeping the little guy content but keeping my hands free to chase the big guy. Lastly, the Miracle Blanket is a wonderful thing. It is a little hard to finagle at first, but once you get all the pieces figured out, it keeps those flailing limbs nicely swaddled. I would recommend any of these if you are looking for a gift for a new mom. They make life a little easier.

--------------

Tonight I am having a little red wine and some Mint Milanos, watching "American Idol" and "Top Chef" on TV and hoping Baby R is asleep more often than awake overnight.

--MM

1 comment:

  1. Bebe Au Lait?! Hooter Hider?! That's awesome.

    I switched to iced tea while pg/nursing. It started out as a craving -- I'd never liked it before then. I think it had enough caffeine to keep me going... but not too much.

    ReplyDelete