Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chaos returns

The boys are back. I miss my solitude.

Last night the two little ones alternated waking up screaming and at various times we had one or both in our bed flailing around and competing for space with two tall adults and one disgruntled cat (I think the cat enjoyed the solitude too).

In truth, I am glad to have the chaos back. I treasure quiet moments, but I would be lonely alone. That is why we have accumulated three pets and two children in ten years and plan to add more. I stress under pandemonium, but I also revel in it. I don't like things to be too calm. If they are, I tend to create stress. That's how I went from being a bored stay-at-home mom to one racing around town to teach 15 exercise classes.

Speaking of that, I am still anxiously awaiting news on the job front. I'm sure I will hear sometime in the next week. I am applying for other jobs as well, so I won't feel devastated if I don't get it. I hate waiting.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment