Friday, February 12, 2010

Back to work

I got a job! A real one and a good one!

I gave stay-at-home motherhood a good go. It clearly wasn't for me as I added so many commitments that I was busier than ever. So now it will be back to full-time work. I know it will be tiring and busy, and it already is a bit wrenching to think of not seeing the boys as often. But I know it is what makes me happiest. I need a career. I feel short-changed and unfulfilled when that part of my life is not in place. It is better for all of us if I go back to work. What is that they say? 'If Mama's not happy, no one's happy.' Very true.

I will be a corporate trainer for a booming medical software company. It sounds fast-paced and challenging, and I do think I will be good at it. Groups of about 100 people will come in every month or so, and I and the other trainers will teach them.

I start in two weeks, and I am getting things into place in advance of that start date. I will roll back my exercise teaching duties until I am eventually just teaching two early morning classes a week. Our current sitter will take the boys full-time. Life is falling into place.

I am excited, though truthfully very nervous, about this new chapter in my life. I have been waiting for it, and I am ready for it.

--MM

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I'm sure you'll do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete