Monday, September 21, 2009

Here we go again

I am sitting in Starbucks between classes this morning. The week is starting off far better than the previous one, though I very nearly overslept again. I have two alarms on my clock, and I caught myself turning off the second one and settling back into my pillow.

"Oh crap!" I thought, and I swung my legs out of bed, realizing I almost embarrassed myself again. But I thankfully I didn't and got out the door in time. That's despite Q waking up with me at 5:00 a.m. and demanding his oatmeal. I left him at the table eating and watching cartoons.

The weekend was nice, but busy. My well-intentioned cleaning schedule has fallen a bit by the wayside, and the house was getting a little gross. So I was determined to clean it from top to bottom. I began Sunday as the laundry was going. I cleaned every inch of the house (with T pitching in to mop the floors). It felt good to have it spotless for once (until the kids woke up of course). And it feels good not to have to clean it all week.

On Saturday, I had a practice session for a new very part-time job. I will be helping in the practical examinations for AFAA. I showed up at the location in Janesville and after a brief tutorial from the certification presenter, the six ladies were ready to test. They each had to wear a number and then were asked to demonstrate various things like a three-minute warm up, a strength and stretch for quadriceps, etc. I had a bubble sheet and walked around to judge how they were doing. If I was up to par, I will actually be paid next time.

It was fun and interesting to see these new and prospective instructors and to interact with the very experienced presenter. The nervous applicants reminded me of my own certification test at the University of Missouri eleven years ago. I was so nervous as the examiners walked around with their clipboards, monitoring our every move. It is strange but very rewarding to be on the other side now.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment