Monday, September 14, 2009

Celebrating the Wiener

What a weekend! We took part in the 150th birthday celebration for a small town nearby called Waterloo. It's annual festival is called Wiener and Kraut Days and this year they were calling all wieners....dogs that is to take part in their little parade. We happily obliged.

It was quite a sight to see with dozens of dachshunds, a high school band, and even the Brewers racing sausages. Some dogs even came in costume or with impressive props.


We couldn't stop laughing. It was just a neat thing.

The rest of the weekend was relaxing and enjoyable. We went to an art fair, took a long bike ride, and watched the Packer game with pizza ordered in.

I am flustered this morning because I overslept. There is nothing worse! My eyes popped open and fixated on the clock with the numbers 5:52 glowing back at me. I blinked a few times, hoping 45 minutes would roll back. But alas, it was eight minutes to 6, and I was due for my class 25 minutes across town.

Thankfully I had laid out my clothes and planned my class the night before, so I quickly dressed, skipped brushing my teeth, and sped over. I called on my way and asked the front desk to tell my participants to start warming up. I still arrived about 17 minutes late. They were mostly nice though assuredly annoyed. I was embarrassed and mad at myself.

Then I had to speed back home again to brush my teeth and get my music for the next class which I had left behind. That class went better.

Not the best way to start the day and the week even, but I made the best of it.

Next time my alarm is going to be across the room.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment