Sunday, August 23, 2009

Six years

Today is our anniversary. Six years ago today, T and I got married. Now three states, two kids, and three pets later, we are back in the state where our wedding took place.

T and I switch off who plans the anniversary celebration. He does the odd years, and I take the even. Usually we go away for a weekend, but this year we stayed in and the kids went away. It was lovely. I dropped the boys off at my parents' on Friday afternoon. When T got home we made dinner and went to see Bruno which was simultaneously hilarious and disturbing.

Saturday we slept in late, went to the farmers market, and lazed around the house. We went out for dinner at a ritzy French restaurant and then on a moonlight cruise on one of the lakes around here.

This morning we grabbed brunch (I had an amazing bruschetta with baked brie, Granny Smith apples, and roasted garlic spread and a Bloody Mary) and a nap.

Finally in late afternoon we went to get the kiddoes. I missed them! I was beaming as R toddled over to give me a sloppy, open-mouthed kiss.

It was a relaxing, calm weekend that gave T and I time to focus on each other. And it gave me the space I needed to appreciate my children.

It was just what we all needed.

--
MM

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary my friend!!!!!! What a fun way to celebrate! Hard to believe we were all together 6 yrs ago for it!!!

    ReplyDelete