Sunday, June 14, 2009

MBA and birthday

My husband is now an MBA. I am so proud of him. He went to his graduation this past weekend in Oregon. It has been two years of hard work for him and sacrifice for all of us, but it actually went by quickly. He had to go to school every Saturday and often during the week and spent many late nights studying and going to group project sessions. He was often tired and stressed, and I left alone with the kids was often tired and stressed. But, his hard work has already paid off in a better job and new home for our family. I am so proud of his determination and sacrifice for us.

While T was at his graduation, the boys and I went to my parents' house for my mom's birthday. I stayed up late Thursday night making a lemon meringue pie (my mom's favorite). Let me tell you, they are hard to make. I was stressed out as I waited for the custard to thicken and the egg whites to form stiff peaks. Then as I carefully transported it the next day on a dishtowel inside a pizza plate on the passenger seat, I nervously checked it every 30 seconds. It made it successfully, and my mom raved about it. I was quite proud of myself.

It is so different living close to my parents now. I haven't been this close since I was 18 and a high school student. It is weird just popping over for a birthday or a special dinner. Q and R will really get to know their grandparents, and their grandparents can watch them grow up through tee ball games and band concerts. My grandparents lived very far away when I was young. We did manage to see them once or twice a year, but it will be nice to give my kids a different experience.

--MM

No comments:

Post a Comment